National Geographic's photo

I’ve chosen this photo because of the impressive natural phenomenon a water fall is. In this chase there are Iguazu falls, situated on the Brazilian side. Other photos are fantastic too, but anyone reflects whatever I want to explain in this entrance: the small dimension human in a giant world is.

The human specie have been living between giants of nature all his existence. Mountains, seas, the earth we have under ourselves, the sky we can see, all this natural elements are bigger than humans. So we are like an ant who can not see the final of the way it is.

What I want to describe, is the unnecessary we are to the world. I’m sure our specie is the most problematic of animal world, because we are animals too. The insignificance meaning of our existence is the major preoccupation of my nightmares. I often think about the death, about the sky, about the universe we can’t know because of the distance it is. If my live permit me, I want to visit one, I need only one, waterfall like Iguazus or Niagra. I need to feel myself as an insect for a moment, to appreciate the wonderful environment we have and we ignore building cities or colonizing other territories.

I have the personal view of point that we haven’t to change what the world want. Because we are anything. Because we are simply another kind of animal living on itself. And, to finish, because we world can eat us when it wants. To all these “because” we have to live in harmony with the Earth, because, at the same time we are ants in a world, it is a particle of dust of the universe.


http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/11/national_geographics_internati.html#photo8